Question and Answer About Cell Core
What are the main features of the cell nucleus?
The main characteristics of the cell nucleus are:
- It is bounded by the nuclear envelope.
- Has spherical or ovoid shape. However, the cell nucleus usually follows the shape of the cell.
- It is located in the central region of the cell.
- Cell nucleus size varies with DNA content and metabolism.
- Has communication with the cytoplasm through the nuclear pores.
- The cell nucleus has the ability to regulate the chemical reactions of the cell.
- Saves genetic information. It contains most of the cell's genetic information accumulated in DNA.
- The interphase nucleus, also known as interphase, is the period when the cell is not in division.
- Cell nucleus controls cell metabolism.
Elaine Barbosa de Souza
Undergraduate student in Biological Sciences at Methodist University of São Paulo.
- The question was sent to the Toda Biologia website by: Felipe M. Souza on 12/05/2019.