We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Book: Biology I Laboratory Manual (Lumen) - Biology
Lumen makes significant investments to ensure our digital courseware is accessible, allowing students to learn using superior interactivity, multimedia, and a variety of accommodations for individuals with varying abilities.
PDFs offer an inferior learning experience compared to the richness and interactivity in our digital courseware. A PDF version of the textbook is available as a print alternative. The PDF does not include interactive content such as simulations, videos, and quizzes and is not vetted for accessibility. For these reasons, we do not recommend using the textbook in the PDF form. The offline version should be used as a print backup rather than as the primary textbook.
You can download the PDF using the following link:
To share these files with your students, copy and paste the text and download link above into a page or announcement in your learning management system (Blackboard, Canvas, etc.).
CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
- Author : K. V. CHAITANYA
- Publisher : PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.
- Release Date : 2013-06-21
- Genre: Science
- Pages : 156
- ISBN 10 : 9788120348004
This laboratory guide, intended for undergraduate and postgraduate students, includes techniques and their protocols ranging from microscopy to in vitro protein synthesis. Experiments relating to chromosomes study and identifying the phases of cell division are explained. The book lucidly deals with the extraction and characteri-zation of chromatin and techniques for studying its modifications, the gene methodology for identification of mutation and the methodology for isolation of nucleic acids from all types of organisms, such as viruses, fungi, plants and animals. All the protocols have been explained following step-by-step method. Different types of electrophoresis and their techniques, including blotting techniques and the methodology for stripping of probes from membranes for reusing the blot, have also been dealt with. Protocols on modern molecular biology techniques—PCR, restriction enzyme digest, DNA isolation, cloning and DNA sequencing—add weightage to the book. It also gives necessary knowledge of different types of stains, staining techniques, buffers, reagents and media used in the protocols. To help students prepare for answering viva voce questions, the book includes MCQs based on the discussed techniques.
Book: Biology I Laboratory Manual (Lumen) - Biology
This set of Biology I lab assignments ensures students have the opportunity to apply the concepts and information they learn as they work through Biology I course content. Content includes lab assignments for students, as well as Instructor Materials Preparation for each lab with detailed lists of what faculty members need for each lab. The materials required are broken down by student (or groups of students). These lab materials were developed by faculty at College of the Redwoods and Tidewater Community College.
Lumen OER courses apply learning science to engage students and better support the learning process. Lumen materials aim to deliver an active learning experience. They include text, images, videos, assessments, directed feedback, practice questions, simulations, and other interactives that invite students to apply their knowledge, improve their understanding, and perform better. Term over term, Lumen’s Waymaker courseware makes it possible to use learning data to identify where content improvements are needed. We work collaboratively with faculty and subject matter experts to develop and test iterative, continuous improvements aimed at increasing efficacy and learning.
Additional Course Features
These course materials include:
- : User-friendly Waymaker learning tools improve success for at-risk students with personalized study plans, automated study tips and nudges, and early alerts to identify and help struggling students.
- Outcome-aligned OER: Designed to replace expensive textbooks, this course curates the best available open educational resources (OER) aligned with learning outcomes. Teach it as-is or customize to fit your needs.
- LMS Integration: This course is delivered with seamless LMS integration and automatic grade return for Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, and Moodle. Lumen is 100% committed to providing learning materials that are accessible to all learners. Lumen course materials are mobile-friendly.
Why Teach with Lumen Course Materials?
- Replace expensive textbooks: Ready-to-adopt open educational resources (OER) include text, videos, simulations, self-checks, and other interactives.
- Choose affordability: Low cost to students.
- Use better content: Continuous, data-driven improvements make OER content more effective at supporting learning.
- Simplify access: Easy access to course materials in your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, and Moodle) plus automatic grade return.
- Improve student outcomes: Research shows Lumen course materials can improve academic performance, passing rates, and course completion.
- Save time: Start with curated, outcome-aligned OER and supplemental instructor resources like quiz banks, assignments, slide decks, etc.
- Customize your course: Freedom to tailor course content to fit your learning outcomes and instructional approach.
- Enjoy awesome support: Faculty-friendly onboarding, training, and support.
- Learn by doing: Self-checks, online homework, and other interactive tools strengthen learning.
- Engage from day one: Avoid falling behind with access course materials from the first day of class.
- Retain materials: Download a digital copy of course content to keep forever.
- Become a better learner: Waymaker’s real-time feedback and nudges guide students on where to focus and how to improve.
Three Steps to Teaching this Course in Your Class
Pick the course you want to teach
Fill out our Try this Course form, and we’ll get materials to you
Setup your course in your LMS (or not)
Wondering what it’s like? Watch a faculty roundtable video
- Author : Neil A. Campbell
- Publisher : Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Company
- Release Date : 2008-03-07
- Genre: Science
- Pages :
- ISBN 10 : 032155731X
This package contains the following components: -0321536606: Investigating Biology Lab Manual -0321543254: Biology with MasteringBiology™
- Author : Raina S. Robeva
- Publisher : Academic Press
- Release Date : 2008
- Genre: Mathematics
- Pages : 178
- ISBN 10 : 9780123740229
Laboratory Manual of Biomathematics is a companion to the textbook An Invitation to Biomathematics. This laboratory manual expertly aids students who wish to gain a deeper understanding of solving biological issues with computer programs. It provides hands-on exploration of model development, model validation, and model refinement, enabling students to truly experience advancements made in biology by mathematical models. Each of the projects offered can be used as individual module in traditional biology or mathematics courses such as calculus, ordinary differential equations, elementary probability, statistics, and genetics. Biological topics include: Ecology, Toxicology, Microbiology, Epidemiology, Genetics, Biostatistics, Physiology, Cell Biology, and Molecular Biology . Mathematical topics include Discrete and continuous dynamical systems, difference equations, differential equations, probability distributions, statistics, data transformation, risk function, statistics, approximate entropy, periodic components, and pulse-detection algorithms. It includes more than 120 exercises derived from ongoing research studies. This text is designed for courses in mathematical biology, undergraduate biology majors, as well as general mathematics. The reader is not expected to have any extensive background in either math or biology. Can be used as a computer lab component of a course in biomathematics or as homework projects for independent student work Biological topics include: Ecology, Toxicology, Microbiology, Epidemiology, Genetics, Biostatistics, Physiology, Cell Biology, and Molecular Biology Mathematical topics include: Discrete and continuous dynamical systems, difference equations, differential equations, probability distributions, statistics, data transformation, risk function, statistics, approximate entropy, periodic components, and pulse-detection algorithms Includes more than 120 exercises derived from ongoing research studies